It wasn’t until the 1980s that tackles were started to be recorded as an official stat, but it wasn’t until the early 1990s that the numbers became 100% reliable. Thus, many great defensive players from the Packers’ past would have made this list over some of the more recent defensive stars.
Top 10 in Solo Tackles in Green Bay Packers History:
- 10. Tyrone Williams CB (1996-2002): 373 Tackles
- 9. Charles Woodson CB (2006-2012): 384 Tackles
- 8. Tim Harris LB (1986-1990): 422 Tackles
- 7. George Koonce LB (1992-1999): 434 Tackles
- 6. Tramon Williams CB (2007-2014): 461 Tackles*
- 5. Darren Sharper S (1997-2004): 475 Tackles
- 4. Morgan Burnett S (2010-2017): 497 Tackles
- 3. Nick Barnett LB (2003-2010): 575 Tackles
- 2. A.J. Hawk LB (2006-2014): 629 Tackles
- 1. LeRoy Butler S (1990-2001): 721 Tackles
Obviously players like Ray Nitschke, Dave Robinson, Willie Wood, Herb Adderley and other outstanding Packers from the past would be ranked highly in all-time solo tackles if the stat was recorded when they played.
These stats are up-to-date heading into the 2020 regular season.